To improve human health by conducting basic and translational research that leads to the development of effective diagnostic biomarkers, vaccines, antivirals and therapeutics for emerging, neglected or rare infectious diseases.
ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Meeting Conference
When: February 25-27, 2013
Where: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Dr. Lukashevich, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville
When: October 9, 2012
Where: CTRB 6th Floor Conference Room, 625
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am
Title: Infectious DNA Immunization
- April 1-7 was National Public Health Week, and U of L’s SPHIS had activities all week long. Click here to see the activities, and plan to join them in 2014.
- The Office of Science, Technology and Policy has issued proposed rules for Dual-use research. Read the proposal here.
- There is a 60 day comment period (ending 4/23/13) for the OSTP’s proposed Dual-use rules. Click here to find out how to comment.
- Mention of an article published by the CPM on the effects of genetic variance in influenza strains
- Guidance documents for Select Agent Final Rule from NSAR
- CPM’s Michael Hughes, MD, is a transplant surgeon. An article about one of his patients is here.
- A quick mention of one of Dr. Hughes’ patients is here.
- An Australian strain of Norovirus is causing widespread illness in the US.
- Final Rule publication of 42 CFR 73: Possession, Use, and Transfer of Select Agents and Toxins
- Final Rule publication of 7 CFR 331 and 9 CFR 121: Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002
Phenotypic Differences in Virulence and Immune Response in Closely Related Clinical Isolates of Influenza A 2009 H1N1 Pandemic Viruses in Mice
Camp JV, Chu YK, Chung DH, McAllister RC, Adcock RS, Gerlach RL, Wiemken TL, Peyrani P, Ramirez JA, Summersgill JT, Jonsson CB. PLoS ONE. 2013 8(2):e56602
Ferret Thoracic Anatomy by 2-Deoxy-2-(18F)Fluoro-D-Glucose (18F-FDG) Positron Emission
Tomography/Computed Tomography (18F-FDG PET/CT) Imaging.
Wu A, Zheng H, Kraenzle J, Biller A, Vanover CD, Proctor M, Sherwood L, Steffen M, Ng C, Mollura DJ, Jonsson CB.
Full text online
Development of Bioluminescent Bioreporters for In Vitro and In Vivo Tracking of Yersinia pestis.
Sun Y, Connor MG, Pennington JM, Lawrenz MB.
PLoS ONE. 2012 7(10):e47123